Welcome to Arkansas State University!

ALL Foreign Students, Faculty, Staff, Researchers, and Visitors to the Arkansas State University Campus are required to provide information on their status and make an appointment with the Treasurer’s Office - Foreign National Tax Compliance to determine their U.S. tax status and to complete required forms necessary to authorize payments, such as payroll, scholarships/fellowship, honoraria or travel reimbursements.

Failure to provide requested information may result in withholding of additional taxes, delay in payment of wages and compensation, or rejection of payment requests. 

Social Security

International Students may apply for Social Security card only when they get offer of on-campus employment. Listed below are the documents, students should take with them when applying for Social Security card:

  • I20
  • Most recent I94
  • Passport, Visa
  • Employment Offer letter from the department
  • Letter from International Student Services

Social Security Office Address


Foreign National Tax Compliance

For Internal Revenue Service tax purposes and proper tax withholding, ALL Foreign National Employees must register with the A-State Tax Compliance Office. Contact Vanessa Williams at 870-972-2285 for more information.

Learn more >>