What is Maymester?
The three-week online semester provides students the opportunity to pick up a course during the break between the Spring and Summer semesters. Had a class that didn’t fit into your Spring? Want to get a class ahead on your Fall? Maymester is for you!
Registration opens March 9 and courses run from May 8, 2023 – May 26, 2023. Classes are open to traditional Arkansas State University students.
What classes are being offered?
The following classes are being offered during Maymester:
- Applied Agricultural Stats
- First Aid and Safety
- Seminar in Professional Dev
- Seminar in Digital Med and Des
- Fine Arts Music
- Professional Nursing Role
- Health Care Administration
- Theory and Practice of Coaching
- Introduction to U.S Government
- Introduction to Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Personality Theory
- Radiography Clinical III
- Stay on-track for degree completion
- Accelerate time to degree
- Catch up on credits
- Take a required course to fulfill a prerequisite
- Single course focus
- Maintain a non-institutional scholarship
- Eligible for financial aid
How Do I Register?
Registration opens March 9, but you can consult with your advisor now to see if one of the courses offered this year fits into your curriculum. Registration for Maymester works like class registration for any other semester. Access Self Service Banner through my.AState.edu account.
How Many Classes Can I Take?
Students CAN take up to two classes. The goal of Maymester is to have students intensely focused on one class for the three-week period.
What is the Cost?
The cost per credit hour is the same as any other A-State course, including any differential tuition charged by individual colleges. A three-hour class is roughly $950.
Can I Use My Financial Aid to Pay for It?
Financial Aid may be available for those who qualify. Maymester classes are attached to the Summer award package. Financial aid for Summer will be distributed starting in June. For questions regarding your financial aid please email our Financial Aid & Scholarships office at finaid@AState.edu.