If you are an international student who is seeking entrance into the English as a Second Language program, the ESL application is the right application for you. You have many options from:
- Studying ESL only (no degree after)
- Studying ESL + Undergraduate for students who have graduated from high school/secondary school work but have no post-secondary/university/college work; students who have some post-secondary/university/college work but no degree; or students who have a post-secondary/university/college degree. If you are one of these, you will apply to take ESL first then upon completion of ESL, enroll directly in an undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree.
- Studying ESL + Graduate for students who have completed at least a Bachelor’s degree and are applying for a master’s or doctoral degree. If this is you, you will apply to take ESL first then upon completion of ESL, enroll directly in a graduate/Masters or Doctoral degree.
To start the application, click the Apply Now link on the left hand of the page. We have also provided you with this Application Guide if you would like to see a step-by-step process
- For ESL only students:
- There is no minimum Grade Point Average.
- For ESL + undergraduate, freshman students:
- The minimum Grade Point Average required is a 2.3/4.0 on secondary/high school work.
- For ESL + undergraduate, transfer or undergraduate, post-degree students:
- The minimum Grade Point Average required is a 2.0/4.0 on post-secondary/university/college work.
- For ESL + graduate students:
- The minimum Grade Point Average will be determined by the department. You can find the department requirements here
- The graduate programs that allow for conditional admission are below:
- Agriculture-non thesis track
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Engineering Management
- Exercise Science
- Radio Television
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Sports Administration
- Click here to find out what documents you will need to submit!
Upon completion of the program, international students are eligible to apply for entrance into undergraduate and graduate programs at Arkansas State University with no further English proficiency examination, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc. provided they meet the following:
- Completion of the final level of the program with 80% or higher proficiency and a 4.0 on the iTEP for undergraduate admission.
- Completion of the final level of the program with 90% or higher proficiency and a 4.5 on the iTEP for graduate admission.
Students must also meet any additional admissions requirements required by the program of study in which they desire to enroll.