Promoting excellence in early childood education
Arkansas State University Childhood Services is a community service outreach of the College of Education at stAte. Childhood Services is charged with meeting the specialized professional development needs of early educators and staff of youth development programs that cannot always be met by the typical university curriculum.
For more than 40 years Childhood Services has provided inservice staff development, workshops for families, and technical assistance and coaching. Our current projects serve licensed early education facilities and youth development programs statewide.
Our staff throughout the state can assist you with individual professional development and program quality improvement. For more information, please contact us.
- Director: JoAnn Nalley, Jnalley@AState.edu
- Associate Director: Diana Courson, Dcourson@AState.edu
- Arkansas Out of School Time Network Director: Laveta Wills-Hale, Lwillshale@AState.edu
- A-State Better Beginnings Coordinator: Donna Kirkwood, DKirkwood@AState.edu
- A-State Child Care Aware Coordinator: Patsey Rook , Prook@AState.edu
- Child Assessment Coordinator: Angie Franks, Afranks@AState.edu
- Coaching and Mentoring Coordinator: Julie Yarberry, JYarberry@AState.edu
- Conscious Discipline Coordinator: Melissa Sutton, MSutton@AState.edu
- Continuum for Teaching and Learning Coordinator: Marcy White, MWhite@AState.edu
- Environment Rating Scales and Technical Assistance Coordinator: Janice Carter, Jscarter@AState.edu
- Leadership Development Coordinator: Sue Remfrey, SRemfrey@AState.edu
- Out-of-School Time Projects Coordinator: Woodie Sue Herlein, WHerlein@AState.edu
- Training Coordinator: Libby James, LJames@AState.edu