THE ACADEMIC ADVISING COUNCIL ON EXCELLENCE (AACE) is the Faculty Advisory Board for Academic Advising at ASU. This committee is made up of faculty representatives from colleges and departments on our campus.
AACE Mission Statement:
To support the role of academic advising at Arkansas State University through investigation of academic advising practices, dissemination of timely and accurate information and promotion of advising processes, relationships and general philosophy.
Council Member Objectives:
- Investigate the effectiveness of the advising practices
- Disseminate timely and appropriate information from represented department to council members.
- Bring forth suggestions regarding academic advising concerns, topics of interest and other.
- Critique and update advisor handbook and website annually.
- Suggest advisor training strategies and initiatives.