The mission of A-State’s IT Security department is to educate and equip our users to better protect the University’s digital environment.
Goals and Objectives
- Educate and empower faculty, staff, and students to make informed and smart security decisions based on information security policies, tools, and awareness training initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and test Disaster Recovery plans.
- Develop and communicate information security procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Promote an effective information security awareness and training program commensurate with the needs of the University.
- Secure the University's information assets including hardware, software, data, and infrastructure.
- Manage and respond effectively to information security incidents.
- Support University compliance efforts related to IT and Information Security.