The primary goal of the University’s Information Security initiative is to protect the information assets supporting Arkansas State University’s primary business functions. In order to support you in this task, we offer information security policies, standards, technical guidance, tools and methods to reduce risk, and procedures for addressing any issues that may arise.
Goals and Objectives
- Educate and empower faculty, staff, and students to make informed and smart security decisions based on information security policies, tools, and awareness training initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and test Disaster Recovery plans.
- Develop and communicate information security procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Promote an effective information security awareness and training program commensurate with the needs of the University.
- Secure the University's information assets including hardware, software, data, and infrastructure.
- Manage and respond effectively to information security incidents.
- Support University compliance efforts related to IT and Information Security.