Undergraduate Faculty Advisor Training
The Wilson Advising Center will host -Undergraduate Faculty Advisor Training- Wednesday, March 4 from 9am-3pm in the Spring River Room of the Student Union. We offer this opportunity each semester in collaboration with the Office of Admissions Records and Registration to better prepare faculty advisors for the upcoming advising and registration period. This semester we will enhance the training opportunity by providing keynote speakers Autumn Parker and Shane Barker from the Arkansas Academic Advising Network- ArkAAN during our luncheon with a panel discussion immediately following. This is sure to be a professional development opportunity you don’t want to miss. The deadline to register is February 27.
- Check-in 8:30a-8:55a (Lounge outside Spring River)
- Opening Remarks 9a-9:05a (Spring River)
- Session One-Understanding Transcripts and What Advisors Need to Know About Academic Standing 9:10a-10a (Spring River)
- Session Two-Online Advising Tools- 10:10a-11a (Mockingbird)
- Session Three-Web Extender & Banner, Degree Evaluation System- CAPP, What Advisors Need to Know About Graduation 11:10a-12p (St. Frances River)
- Lunch & Keynote 12:10p-1:35p (Spring River)
- Panel Discussion-Advising Special Populations - 1:40p-2:40p (Spring River)
- Closing Remarks 2:40p-3p (Spring River)
If you are not able to attend the full training please include the times you will attend in the “Special Note” section.