- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Erik Gilbert
Professor of History
- Ph.D., Boston University, 1997, History
- M.A., University of Vermont, 1990, History
- B.A., William and Mary, 1986, Greek
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences Research Award, 2004-05
- AIYS/NEMERTA Fellow, 1997
- Fulbright Fellow, 1994
- Global History
- Indian Ocean
- East Africa
- Trading Tastes: Commodity and Cultural Exchange to 1750, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2006, co-authored with Jonathan Reynolds.
- Dhows and the Colonial Economy of Zanzibar, 1860-1970, Eastern African Studies series, Oxford, UK: James Currey, Athens, OH: Ohio University Press, Nairobi: EAEP, and Zanzibar: Gallery Publications, 2004.
- Africa in World History, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004, co-authored with Jonathan Reynolds.
F: (870) 972-2880
Spring 2018: T/W/R 1:00p-3:00p and by appointment