A-State's Student Health Center (SHC) provides an array of medical services including treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, physical exams, immunizations, both female and male exams, PAP smears, STI testing, birth control, and other prescription medications. Students may be referred to other facilities for additional laboratory tests, x-rays, diagnostic imaging, counseling, or specialized services as deemed necessary by one of two board certified Advanced Practice Nurses (APN's).
The Student Health Center maintains strict HIPAA guidelines. All information obtained from students is confidential. Patient information will not be given to parents, teachers, etc. without prior consent and authorization from the student. For any questions or concerns, please contact the Student Health Center.
In order to serve you better, we prefer you call us at (870) 972-2054 to make an appointment.
To be prepared for your visit to the Student Health Center you should:
- Fill out our New Patient and Consent & Privacy Practices paperwork to bring to your appointment
- Bring your Student ID & Health Insurance Card
- Know all medications & doses you are currently taking
- Know your medication allergies & sensitivities
The Arkansas Campaign to Prevent Unplanned Pregnancy presents the following video;
The Student Health Center offers patients gynecological exams, testing, and a variety of birth control methods including;
- 3-month progesterone injections
- Combined and progestin-only birth control pills
- The birth control patch
- Barrier methods such as condoms