Step 1: Request Position
- Discuss with supervisor
- Complete a Hiring Freeze Justification Form and submit to supervisor
- Submit to Vice Chancellor
Step 2: Post Job
- If you have not already, contact Human Resources to request access to Taleo
- Create Requisition in Taleo
- Requisition will route through departmental and administrative approvals
- Human Resources will approve and post jobs to appropriate career web sites
Step 3: Review Candidates
- Form Search Committee - Contact Human Resources to set up search committee access
- Send list of candidates to interview to Human Resources
- Office of Diversity will review candidates for non-classified and faculty positions
- Human Resources contacts hiring manager with approved list of candidates
Step 4: Schedule Interviews
- Contact candidates to schedule interview
- Create Interview in Taleo
- Document reference checks in Taleo
Step 5: Submit Candidate Offer
- Submit Offer Letter in Taleo
- Human Resources extends verbal offer to candidate
- Human Resources submits background request to candidate via email
- Human Resources submits written offer to candidate
- Candidate e-signs offer/contract (replaces contract request form/paper offer letter)
Step 6: Human Resources initiates Onboarding Process
- New Employee completes Onboarding (New Hire Packet) electronically
- Payroll Services ensures new employee information is created in Banner
- Within 48 hours, an email notification is sent to the new employee’s personal email address with instructions to activate their A-State account.
Step 7: Current Return-to-Work Requirements
- Each employee must complete the Return to Work checklist and submit to Human Resources. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The hiring department should email email@example.com to obtain employee's access to the COVID-19 Safety Training within the Employee Training Seminar.
- The employee must complete COVID-19 Safety Training within the Employee Training Seminar in Blackboard Learn.
- The hiring department should ensure the employee reviews the Return to Learn plan.
- Each employee must have a face covering to wear while on campus and must adhere to all practices put into place by the University to maintain the safety of our campus.
- Each employee must complete the campus self-check upon arrival to campus each day.
System Access, Posting Jobs, Candidate Applications, and General Questions - Kathryn Pulliam at 2639
Interviews, Offers, and Onboarding - Ashley Alexander at 8163