Committed to Cultivating Women Leaders
The Women's Leadership Center is committed to cultivating confident and capable young girls and women setting and achieving high goals on their paths to college and careers.
Education and Achievement
We are a center without boundaries, and our initiatives include:
- Generous new scholarships for girls and women.
- An engaging annual Women's Business Leadership Conference.
- Exciting Leadership Academies for girls in various areas in Arkansas.
- Improved opportunities for internships for women.
- Distinguished guest speakers throughout the year.
- Encouragement and support of research about women and leadership.
Mentorship & Caring
We will provide opportunities for mentoring from junior high through career, including:
- A unique, structured Step Up, Reach Back mentoring program and training and support.
- Peer to peer mentoring opportunities
- Near peer mentoring
- Group mentoring and networking
- Reverse mentoring
- Virtual mentoring
Partnering & Collaboration
We have began the process of partnering and collaboration, and we will continue expanding our list of partners and friends. Groups we will work with include:
- The Jonesboro Hispanic Center
- The Reclamation House of Jonesboro
- Big/Little Program at Nettleton Schools
- Little Rock Central High School
- Jonesboro High School
- J.A. Fair High School
- Girl Scouts in Paragould
- FedEx and Memphis Girl Scouts, Stand Beside Her
- Sixth Grade Gifted and Talented of Jonesboro Public Schools
- Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis
- Women’s Foundation of Arkansas
- Business & Professional Women
- Women’s Career Closet
- High School Counselors
- Many other Business, Community and Education Partners