Theatre announces Cast, Crew, for 'Anton in Show Business'
JONESBORO – Arkansas State University Theatre is announcing the cast and crew of the upcoming production of Jane Martin's "Anton in Show Business," a comedy that won the American Theatre Critics Steinberg New Play Award.
Under the stage direction of Tim Bohn, associate professor of theatre, "Anton in Show Business" will be presented Friday, Oct. 2, and Monday through Wednesday, Oct. 5-7, beginning at 7:30 p.m. in Fowler Center, 201 Olympic Dr.
The opening night performance will be followed by a “meet the company” dessert reception.
The cast includes:
- Jaelyn Epps, a senior theatre major from Little Rock, as T-Anne/Stage Manager/Andwyneth,
- Deven Parrish of Trumann, a sophomore theatre major, as Airport Announcer/Manager/Stagehand,
- Brooke Thomas of Jonesboro, a senior theatre major, as Don/Ralph/Stagehand,
- Virginia Hirsch of Cabot, a senior theatre major, as Kate/Ben/Stagehand,
- Emma Watkins of Jonesboro, a sophomore theatre major, as Jackey/Stagehand,
- Ashley Pratt of El Dorado, a senior theatre major, as Wikéwitch/Joe Bob/Stagehand,
- Morgan Carvell of Bentonville, a senior theatre major, as Casey,
- Alyssa Burleson of North Little Rock, a sophomore theatre major, as Lisabette,
- Hannah Cummins of Batesville, a junior theatre major, as Holly, and
- Betsy Hegger of St. Louis, a senior theatre major, as Joby.
Scenic and sound/technical director will be Jeff McLaughlin, assistant professor of theatre. Lighting designer will be Erin Davis, a senior theatre major from Jacksonville. Claire Abernathy, assistant professor of theatre, will serve as costume designer.
Jeremy Smith, a senior theatre major from Dumas, will serve as hair and makeup designer. Tyler Gillespie, a junior theatre major from Dumas, will serve as properties master. Justin Almager, a junior theatre major from El Dorado, will serve as wardrobe crew head.
Sound board operator will be Luke Guntharp, a junior theatre major from Jonesboro. Light board operator will be Renisha Parker, a sophomore theatre major from Van Buren. Noelle King, a junior theatre major from Mountain Home, Matthew Stewart, a senior theatre major from White Hall, Mike Reagan, a sophomore theatre major from Paragould, and Rachel Palumbo, a senior Interdisciplinary Studies major from Salem, are serving as the wardrobe crew.
William Key, a senior theatre major from Cabot and Zac Passmore, a freshman communication studies major from Jonesboro, will serve as the backstage crew. Davis Campbell, a freshman theatre major from Batesville, and Eli Webb, a freshman theatre major from Jonesboro, will serve as assistant stage managers. Stage management duties for the production have been assigned to Davis Polston, a sophomore theatre major from Searcy.
Tickets for reserved seating may be purchased in advance at the Central Box Office in the Convocation Center or by calling 972-ASU1. Tickets are also available online at tickets.astate.edu. Reserved seating tickets (if available) may be purchased at the door on the evening of the performance. Ticket prices are $10 ($8 in advance); advanced reservations are highly recommended.
Early arrival is encouraged; latecomers will not be seated until intermission. Patrons also are cautioned in advance about adult language and sexual content. Children under six are not admitted.
# # #