- Overall 2.5 GPA
- LPN currently employed at an acute or long term care facility
- Must reside in the state of Arkansas. Submit proof of residency (Arkansas Driver's License or other recent government issued document containing address emailed to Robin Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must hold unencumbered PN license from the Arkansas State Board of Nursing
To apply, submit the following by April 15th:
- Apply for admission to A-State.
- Apply for admission to the Online LPN-AASN program. The application is available February 15 - April 15, 2019.
- Official transcripts of ALL college work must be submitted to the Registrar’s office.
- Validation of work experience (The applicant must provide proof of work experience reflecting a minimum of 1,000 hours of nursing employment during the past 12-24 months. (Acute or long-term care experience desired, i.e., hospital or nursing home)
- Take the required admission Assessments:
- The HESI LPN-ADN Entrance Exam is a 75-item comprehensive exam designed to be used for currently Licensed Practical/Vocational nurses seeking entrance into an Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. The exam measures competencies across the PN/VN content areas including: fundamentals, pediatric nursing, maternity, professional issues, medical-surgical and psychiatric/mental illness issues. Click HERE for admission testing inforamtion. For additional information, email Brenda Goodwin. Payment for the LPN-ADN Entrance Exam is non-refundable.
- Smarter Measure Online Readiness Assessment: This online readiness tool helps indicate the degree to which distance learning and/or learning in a technology rich environment will be a good fit for the student. This assessment requires students to answer questions and complete a few activities. It takes about 35 minutes to complete. Competencies measured are: reading rate and recall, technical competency, technical knowledge, typing speed and accuracy. Username: LPN-AASN Password: online
6. Documentation of English proficiency, if applicable
7. Spanish Proficiency: Spanish proficiency is not required for application but may enhance the applicant’s overall score. Students must prove their proficiency by taking the ACTFL – OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview). Students must forward the results to the School of Nursing prior to February 1st.
8. Students are required to have three academic or professional references to complete the Student Recommendation Form.
9. If you have previously attended a RN nursing program you did not complete, you MUST have the program Dean/Director send a letter stating your standing when you left the program. This letter must be in the nursing office by the application deadline.
All application materials must be received by April 15th. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications are reviewed after the application deadline and preference is not given for early submission.
Applicants will be contacted regarding interview scheduling after the application deadline
Class size is limited and all applicants may not be accepted into the program. Interested individuals are encouraged to seek an advisor early to ensure that all prerequisite courses are completed in a timely manner.
Student selection will be based on prerequisite GPA, LPN-ADN Entrance Exam, Online Learning Readiness assessment, recommendations (Student Recommendation Forms), and interview, with special consideration for those with Spanish Proficiency.
Students admitted will be required to supply additional documentation, including current CPR certification, Hepatitis B immunizations, TB skin test or chest x-ray, tetanus and MMR and proof of professional liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000/$6,000,000).
Based on recent legislation in Arkansas, students admitted to professional programs that lead to licensure upon graduation are required to have a successful background check to complete formal admission.