Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Dr. Aiqun Hu
Associate Professor of History
- Ph.D. History, Northeastern University, US, January 2008
- M.A. Public Service Management (Social Security), The University of York, UK, 2000
- M.A. Sociology, Wuhan University, China, 1996
- B.A. Sociology, Wuhan University, China, 1990
- Certificate in American Studies, Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University Center, 1994-1995
- Research Associate, World History Center, University of Pittsburgh, summer 2013
- Member, Guangdong Institute for Social Policy, China, 2013-present
- Visiting Scholar, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou (Canton), China, July 2012
- Lee Hysan Visiting Scholar Scheme, Chinese University of Hong Kong, summer 2008
- Andrew W. Mellon Dissertation Seminar, Washington University in St. Louis, summer 2006
- Teaching Fellowship, Northeastern University, 2001-2006
- British Chevening Scholarship, 1999
- Second-class Prize of Philosophy and Social Science of Guangdong Province, China, 1999
- Guangdong Provincial-Level Outstanding Worker, China, 1998
- Modern China
- East Asia
- Global Approaches
- “China’s Social Insurance in Global Historical Perspective,” Chinese Public Policy Review (April 2013), vol. 6, pp. 1-18. (in Chinese)
- “The Global Spread of Neo-liberalism and China’s Pension Reform since 1978,” Journal of World History (2012), vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 609-638.
- “China, Social Insurance, and the Welfare State: a Global Historical Perspective,” World History Connected (2012), vol. 9, no. 1.
- “The Global Social Insurance Movement since the 1880s,” Journal of Global History (2010), vol. 5, issue 1, pp. 125-148.
- Book Manuscript in Progress
China’s Social Security in the Twentieth Century: A Global Historical Perspective. To be published by Brill Academic Press.
F: (870) 972-2880
Spring 2018: T 11:00a-5:00p and by appointment