LEARNING BY DOING
***The School of Nursing policy on the CR/NCR grading scale can be found here.***
Admissions Information Changes
In Response to COVID-19
IMPORTANT! When registering for the admission exam, be certain to register for the correct exam/program. The admission exams for the Traditional AASN and the Online LPN-AASN are different exams!
LPN to AASN Online Option: Admission Testing (Must have an unencumbered LPN license and be an Arkansas resident):
Due to COVID-19, the admission exam for the LPN to AASN Program Online Option beginning Spring 2021 will be administered remotely through ProctorU.
Exam dates will be September 25-October 9, 2020.
To register, please click HERE
The cost of the exam is $50.00. Exam registration deadline extended to Tuesday, October 7, 2020 by 5:00 PM.
When your payment is confirmed, directions will be sent regarding scheduling your exam through ProctorU.
Please email any questions to NRSTesting@astate.edu.
- Click here for application for the 2021-22 Traditional AASN program at Mountain Home and West Memphis Campus (checklist available within the application)**NOTE: CNA Certification is NOT required effective Spring 2021
- Click here for application for the Spring 2021 Online LPN-AASN program (please check Related Links tab inside the application for important documents). NOTE: All applicants MUST be a resident of Arkansas
- Please note the Online LPN-AASN program is NOT through A-State Online.
- The A-State Online RN-BSN program is for students currently licensed as a registered nurse.
- If you are NOT a registered nurse, DO NOT complete the application for A-State Online.
- If you have completed an application through A-State Online in error, you will need to complete the application linked above
- Admission testing information and application for the 2021-22 2nd Degree Accelerated BSN BSN
- Admission testing information and application for the 2021-22 Online LPN-AASN program
- Admission testing information and application for the 2021-22 LPN-AASN program at Jonesboro, West Memphis and Mountain Home
- Admission testing information and application for the 2021-24 Traditional BSN Program program
- A-STATE nursing programs no longer available at the Beebe Campus.
*Please check our website frequently for future updates/changes to the admission-testing schedule*
Follow this link to check for available faculty and staff job openings within our department.
Student Nurses Association (SNA)
The mission the the Arkansas State University's chapter of NSNA is to provide nursing education, facilitate unanimity among our future colleagues in nursing and to optimize the nursing student's exposure to the various aspects and passages in the constantly changing field of nursing. For more information about SNA or to become a member, click here.
Be sure to check out the SNA Newsletter for all events and updates.