The following resources are available to ensure our students can find useful information during their college careers as well as after graduation.
**All foreign born students must take one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 83 on the preferred internet-based test (iBT), 570 on the paper-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of at least 6.5 and a spoken band score of 7.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a score of 56.
Arkansas State University College of Nursing and Health Professions requires background checks for students admitted to professional programs if the screening is required by an affiliate requirement. This is to ensure compliance with agreements between the College and Clinical Facilities.
Because we work around x-ray and diagnostic equipment, varying levels of radiation exposure risks may exist. It is important to monitor your exposure levels to ensure a safe environment. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply to the radiography program or any specialty track program.
CLINICAL TRAINING - VETERANS HOSPITAL
This training must be completed prior to a clinical rotation at the John J Pershing Veterans Hospital. Documentation of training completion is required to obtain a name badge and to be finger printed.
Radiography Admission Profiles
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Handbook 12-13 >>
Professional organizations play an important role in the advancement of a profession. Members get opportunities to enhance their professional network, broaden their knowledge, and stay current on current issues in the industry.
- American Healthcare Radiology Administrators
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Association of Educators in Radiological Sciences
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements
- Radiology Business Management Association
- Section for Magnetic Resonance Technologists
- Society for Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers