The following resources are available to ensure our students can find useful information during their college careers as well as after graduation.
Arkansas State University College of Nursing and Health Professions requires background checks for students admitted to professional programs if the screening is required by an affiliate requirement. This is to ensure compliance with agreements between the College and Clinical Facilities.
Because we work around x-ray and diagnostic equipment, varying levels of radiation exposure risks may exist. It is important to monitor your exposure levels to ensure a safe environment. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply to the radiography program or any specialty track program.
CLINICAL TRAINING - VETERANS HOSPITAL
This training must be completed prior to a clinical rotation at the John J Pershing Veterans Hospital. Documentation of training completion is required to obtain a name badge and to be finger printed.
Radiography Admission Profiles
Professional organizations play an important role in the advancement of a profession. Members get opportunities to enhance their professional network, broaden their knowledge, and stay current on current issues in the industry.
- American Healthcare Radiology Administrators
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Association of Educators in Radiological Sciences
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements
- Radiology Business Management Association
- Section for Magnetic Resonance Technologists
- Society for Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers