Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Chief Information Officer
Instructor of Computer & Information Technology
- University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, Post Graduate Study, Information Technology
- Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, AR., MBA
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX., Post Graduate Study, Industrial Engineering
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX., B.S., Industrial Engineering
- South Plains College, Levelland, TX., A.S., Applied Science
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Management Information Systems
- Micro Computer Applications
- On-Line and Distance Learning Methods for Faculty
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
- New Media Consortium (Online Learning & Distance Education)
- Sloan Consortium for Online & Distance Education
As part of the College of Business outreach, Torres was the key member of a high-tech company start-up where he helped create a software outsourcing company called Rural Sourcing, Inc. and developed it to $1.2 million of annual sales in 24 months. In addition to being on the cover of Computer World magazine in 2005 he was interviewed in many of the 55+ national publications where Rural Sourcing, Inc. was featured and he presented the replicable business model at over 19 technology conferences and economic development speaking engagements.
Prior to moving to Northeast Arkansas, Henry was an information technology executive specializing in areas of distribution, logistics, store operations and e-commerce. His career included executive positions with Wal-Mart, Neiman-Marcus, CSK Auto and Frederick's of Hollywood. While at Wal-Mart, he worked in warehouse administration, store operations, Sam's Club and the Latin America division. While at both CSK Auto and Frederick's he held positions as Sr. Vice President, CIO. Additionally, he was instrumental in developing the e-commerce channel for Frederick's and was part of an Internet start-up in Silicon Valley San Jose, CA.
Torres serves on the Board of Directors of several organizations including Accelerate Arkansas; Commerce Capital Development Company, LLC; The United Way; and Hispanic Community Services, Inc.; He resides in Jonesboro, AR with his bride and their three young daughters.