Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Applying for Out-of-State Administrator Licensure

Please provide ALL of the following for an Out-of-State application for Administrator:

This certifies completion of an approved preparation program for administrator licensure in a state other than your own. Place all documents in one packet and mail to Dr. Bowser at the address below.

  • Out-of-State Application Form (Institution Verification/Recommendation Form) for the state from which you are seeking licensure.
    • Mississippi applicants - please also submit page 6 of your Mississippi application packet. 
    • Tennessee applicants - please also submit the Tennessee Demographic page found here.
  • Official A-State transcript providing confirmation of graduate degree or Professional Certificate
  • Must have graduation date listed on transcript. You may go online and request an official transcript be sent to you and you will enclose it in your packet of information that you will mail to the licensure officer.
  • Letter from administrator verifying you have at least 3 years as a licensed classroom teacher, school counselor, or library media specialist. Note: We have had a program licensure change beginning in Fall 2015. Prior to Fall 2015 there were only two levels of licensure: P-8 or 5-12. However, beginning in the Fall 2015 any student completing the internship will be issued a license in grade levels P-12. Any student completing the internship prior to Fall 2015 must provide documentation of the licensure level artifacts to be recommended for a P-8 or 5-12 level. For those of you who completed the internship in Spring 2015 or Summer 2015 who have artifacts in your portfolio from both levels, the licensure officer may be able to recommend you for P-12 level. If you have no artifacts in your portfolio from a specific level, the licensure officer will not be able to recommend you for that level. It is your responsibility to provide documentation. Regardless of what state you are seeking license, the licensure officer must verify what level you completed for A-State’s state approved program. That is the level that can be reciprocated to the other state.
    • You may submit your state's experience verification form in lieu of the letter from your administrator.
  • If you are adding district level administrator (superintendent), a letter verifying a minimum of one year of building level or curriculum/program administrator experience.
  • A copy of your Praxis II School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) score report for building level (principal) or curriculum. For district level administrator (superintendent), a copy of your Praxis II School Superintendent Assessment (SSA) score report.

Send all Out-of-State licensure application packets to:

Office of Professional Education Programs
PO Box 720
State University, AR. 72467 

Note: It is the responsibility of the student to confirm the requirements for licensure in his/her state as it applies to the participation in an out-of-state degree program.