Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Applying for In-State Administrator Licensure

Please provide the following for an In-State application for Administrator:

Place all documents in one packet and mail to the address below.

  • Appropriate Arkansas Application Form for licensure, such as Initial Licensure Application for Building Level Administrator, District Level Administrator, or Curriculum/Program Administrator.
  • Obtain application from Arkansas Department of Education’s website, ADE Administrator License Applications
  • Official A-State transcript with graduation date listed. You may go online and request an official transcript be sent.
  • A copy of your Praxis II School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) score report for building level or curriculum/program administrator. For district level administrator (superintendent), a copy of your Praxis II School Superintendent (SSA) score report.
  • For building level or curriculum/program administrator, a letter from your administrator verifying you have at least 3 years as a licensed classroom teacher, school counselor, or library media specialist. Note: We have had a program licensure change beginning in Fall 2015. Prior to Fall 2015 there were only two levels of licensure: P-8 or 5-12. However, beginning in the Fall 2015 any student completing the internship will be issued a license in grade levels P-12. Any student completing the internship Spring 2015 or Summer 2015 must provide documentation of the licensure level artifacts to be recommended for a P-8 or 5-12 level. For those of you who completed the internship Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 who have artifacts in your portfolio from both levels, the licensure officer may be able to recommend you for P-12 level. If you have no artifacts in your portfolio from a specific level, the licensure officer will not be able to recommend you for that level. It is your responsibility to provide documentation.
  • If you are adding district level administrator (superintendent), a letter verifying a minimum of one year of building level or curriculum/program administrator experience.
  • A copy of your current teaching license.

Send In-State Administrator licensure application packets to:

Educational Leadership
Attn: Licensure
P.O. Box 1450
State University, AR 72467