Before You Travel....
- Seek approval to travel from your department, sponsored programs, etc.
- Complete Vehicle Safety Forms VSP1 and VSP2 (Note special instructions for students AND attach a copy of your driver’s license).
- Complete the Travel and Expense Management (TEM) training in Blackboard Learn through myCampus.
- Click on the Employee Training Seminar.
- Complete the appropriate videos for your travel role.
- Complete the Travel and Expense Management (TEM) Security Request form.
- Submit a vehicle rental form to Judy Dudley in Motor Pool. For more information, call 972-4733.
- Contact your automobile insurance agent to confirm if “business use” coverage is required if driving your personal vehicle.
- Complete an Authorization Report (TA) in TEM. Indicate if lodging exceeds the daily maximum allowance under the lodging description when appropriate. The Trip Optimizer should be scanned and uploaded to the Authorization Report in AX Connect when using a personal vehicle.
- Use the daily maximum lodging and meal allowances for your destination: http://www.astate.edu/a/procurement/travel-services/forms/.
- When a Travel Advance is needed, request the Advance (TV) when submitting the Authorization Report in TEM. The advance request must be submitted to Travel Services TEN days prior to the trip start date. For more information, view the Travel Advance operating procedures under Finance and Administration.
- Locate allowable mileage. Use Rand McNally or the Mileage Log if your destination is not available on the mileage chart. Scan and upload the proof of mileage prior to submitting the Authorization Report.
- Review international travel warnings and health alerts online.
- Set up your direct deposit allocation in Employee Self Service or contact Payroll Services to obtain an A-State Pay Card.
During Your Trip....
- Keep all itemized receipts for all expenses
- Obtain “zero balance” hotel bill upon check-out
- All itemized receipts must be obtained for student groups including meal receipts
- Students must sign a log if cash is received for meals. The log will serve as a receipt for reimbursement and should be scanned and uploaded to the Expense Report (TR).
When You Return....
- Submit an Expense Report (TR) in TEM.
- Update the expenses that will not be reimbursed by other funds (personal expenses, entertainment expenses, meals provided by conference, tips, etc).
- Tape small receipts securely to a piece of paper for scanning. Please do not tape over the print or highlight on the receipt. Scan and upload the required receipts/proof of payment, conference schedule, etc. to the Expense Report.
- Attach a conversion sheet to cash receipt being claimed if submitting an Expense Report for International travel.
- Submit the Expense Report in a timely manner and pay back the Travel Advance within 15 (fifteen) working days upon return.
View the Operating Procedures for more information.