Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
A-State’s student research and creativity development program, Create @ State, is a year-long program that provides our students with opportunities to become engaged in faculty mentored research and creativity with industry, community, and alumni for student learning and community building.
Student research & creativity at A-State includes peer programs such as the student research council and research ambassadors, communication of works and community engagement outreach through the Create @ State: Making Connections that Count public radio broadcast and podcast station, workshops and tailored curriculum to disciplines for written and oral communications including abstract and conference presentation skills, and direct corporate engagement with our area industry and workforce for applied research.
This program culminates each year with the Create @ State Symposium to showcase the co-curricular research, scholarly, and creative works of our students in a professional setting, with judges being those from industry, stakeholders, alumni, community leaders, and administration. This provides a diverse setting for students to engage with the community, showcase research for community impact, and to receive feedback from potential employers and networks for student learning and community building. A-State also engages students in state and national research conference opportunities, such as Posters on the Hill and at national Council on Undergraduate Research conferences and workshops.
The ninth annual Create @ State: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship & Creativity will be held on Monday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 17, 2019, in the Fowler Center & the Student Union.
Student Presenter Logistical Detail:
- Posters: Must be set up in Centennial Hall of the Reng Student Union on the afternoon of Monday (April 15) between 1p-4p. Individual poster numbers are assigned in the schedule posted on our website. I realize some who are presenting posters are distance students from out of town or are not on campus on Mondays, and if this is the case, please have your poster set up by 9am on Tuesday. Posters need to be on display on both Tuesday and Wednesday, and they can be taken down starting at 12:00 noon on Wednesday. They will need to be removed from Centennial Hall between Noon and 3pm on Wednesday.
- Oral sessions: Please arrive to your assigned room 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your assigned session. Presentations must be uploaded before the first presentation starts for each session. You must remain in your assigned room through your session’s presentations, as the judges will hold a 30 minute feedback and networking session with you and your fellow presenters after your oral session concludes.
- Student Presenter Check-In: Student presenters must check-in prior to presentation at the student research table in the Vaughn Student Lounge of the Reng Student Union. (Or the lobby of the Fowler Center if creative presentations on 4/15). Student presenters will receive a Create @ State ID badge, along with a small presenter gift.
- Awards Program & Reception: All student presenters and faculty mentors are encouraged to attend the awards program and reception on Wednesday, 4/17, from 4-5pm in the Auditorium and Vaughn Student Lounge. Student awards will be presented for each college and presentation category.
NEW!! Create @ State Poster Templates (with college logos):
Standard poster size is 36x48 or 48x36
Header & footer bars need to remain intact on templates. Research layout detail may be altered as needed.
- Agriculture & Technology
- Education & Behavioral Science
- Liberal Arts & Communication
- Nursing & Health Professions
- Sciences & Mathematics
- Engineering & Computer Science
2019 Presentation Types
- Graduate/Undergraduate Oral Presentation
- Graduate/Undergraduate Poster Presentation
- Graduate/Undergraduate Creative Performance or Display
- Graduate/Undergraduate Creative Media
- Graduate/Undergraduate Persuasive Elevator Pitch
- Graduate/Undergraduate Business Plan
- Graduate/Undergraduate Sales Pitch