Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
The eighth annual Create @ STATE: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship & Creativity will be held on Monday, April 16 and , April 18, 2018, in the Fowler Center and th Student Union. Create @ State provides an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to present original work in a professional setting.
- Agriculture, Engineering, & Technology
- Education & Behavioral Science
- Liberal Arts and Communication
- Nursing & Health Professions
- Sciences & Mathematics
2018 Presentation Types
- Graduate Oral Presentation
- Graduate Poster Presentation
- Graduate Creative Performance or Display
- Graduate Creative Media
- Graduate Persuasive Elevator Pitch
- Undergrad Oral Presentation
- Undergrad Poster Presentation
- Undergrad Creative Performance or Display
- Undergrad Creative Media
- Undergrad Persuasive Elevator Pitch
Please use Arkansas State University's Graphic Standards.
Abstracts must be submitted through the online portal at https://create.astate.edu. The online portal is anticipated to be open November 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018.
Abstracts are encouraged from all students who are engaged in faculty-mentored research, scholarly and creative works. Projects must be based on analytic, theoretical and creative frameworks appropriate to the academic discipline.
Quality abstracts include:
- Novel contributions, innovative thinking or creative techniques
- An articulated process or method
- Data collection and analysis, or equivalent to discipline
- Conclusions, outcomes or pending results
- Faculty mentor is required to be listed
The submitting student must select from (1) presentation types and (2) categories and then briefly answer the following questions (2-3 sentences):
- How is your research/scholarship/creative works original or innovative?
- How has your research/scholarship/creative works advanced or benefited your academic career?
- How does your research/scholarship/creative works contribute to the field of study and/or benefit society?