EduCare students will have structured guidance by program administrators and their mentor to acquire communication and social skills that are important for academic achievement, work duties, and to increase the quality of life in areas identified by each individual student. Each student will obtain guidance through social participation activities such as:
- Develop an understanding of social rules
- Acquire strategies for communicating their specific needs to others
- Learning appropriate written communication skills when writing or responding to emails, text messages, or phone calls
- Acquiring appropriate verbal communication skills with family/caregivers, educators, and professional work relationships.
- Engagement in various activities that promote interaction with peers and friends
- Engagement in various activities that promote interaction in specific familial roles