The State of Arkansas is required to comply with the provisions of Arkansas Code Annotated §25-26-201 et seq., as amended by Act 308 of 2013 and the Government-wide Section 508 Accessibility Program prior to procuring a technology product or when soliciting the development of such a product. Arkansas Code §25-26-201 expresses the policy of the State to provide individuals who are blind or visually impaired with access to information technology purchased in whole or in part with state funds.
Operating Procedure 05-46 Information Technology Purchases sets out the requirements for all technology purchases. Departments are responsible for obtaining a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) from the vendor and submitting the required documentation for review prior to the procurement of such technology.
VPAT Review Process:
- View the list of previously approved technology products. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the VPAT review process needs to be completed.
- Obtain the vendor's completed VPAT form.
- Complete the Technology Accessibility Assessment Form.
- Obtain a demo of the product.
- Download appropriate testing software.
- Test the product for accessibility by completing, with optimum effort, the appropriate VPAT Checklist:
- To request an exemption, complete the VPAT Exemption Form.
- Submit all forms and information to download a demo or site link to email@example.com or hand deliver the documents to the Administration Building - Office of Finance, Attention: Eric Jones.
Once the product has been approved for accessibility, the department may submit a Banner requisition to Procurement Services.