College of Agriculture and Technology Recognizes Outstanding Graduates during Convocation of Scholars
JONESBORO – The most outstanding graduating seniors in the College of Agriculture and Technology at Arkansas State University were recognized at the college’s annual honors banquet during Convocation of Scholars, according to Dr. Donald (Bud) Kennedy, interim dean.
The Chancellor’s Scholar award was presented to Adam Cloninger of England, who is an agricultural business major. The Chancellor’s Scholar is the graduating senior who has the highest overall grade point average in each college.
Winners of the academic departmental awards and their respective bachelor’s degree programs were as follows. These awards are based on scholarship, leadership and service to the department:
- Art Singleton of Monticello, agricultural business.
- Lucas Anderson of Ward, agricultural education.
- Mary Whitmire of Springdale, animal science.
- Phillip Massey of Jonesboro, plant and soil science.
- Ken Beach of Leachville, BAS, technology.
- Rachel Bickley of Pine Bluff, BS, technology.
# # #