Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Transfer students should contact all universities/colleges attended to have official transcripts sent to the A-State Office of Admissions, Records and Registration in order to complete the transfer process.

Transferring Coursework to A-State

Transcripts sent from other colleges and universities will be evaluated and acceptable credits will be added to the student's A-State record.

The A-State Office of Admissions, Records and Registration currently accepts electronic transcripts from the following:

  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Scrip-Safe
  • Credentials Solutions
  • Docufide

You can view your unofficial A-State transcript online in Self Service to review your transfer work. When reviewing your transfer work, if GENL TRANSFER CREDIT appears and you wish to determine if courses are equivalent to A-State courses, print the Transfer Course Evaluation Form and follow the directions.

Directions on how to view your unofficial transcript in Self Service >>

Equivalent Course Information

A-State Transfer Course Equivalency Search

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency Search to view a list of all colleges and course equivalencies that are currently coded in our system.

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency Search >>

The equivalencies listed reflect the current catalog reviewed from the respective school. Some departments may prefer different requirements and may substitute equivalencies for their programs. There may be stipulations to acceptance of some courses. For instance, a course may be accepted as fulfilling a course requirement from a 2-year institution, but no upper-level credit will be given. Some departments may require an exam to determine equivalency. Some courses may transfer as "elective" credit, which means the hours will transfer to A-State. Your major department will determine if these "elective" hours will be used in your degree plan.

The Transfer Course Equivalency Search is updated on a weekly basis but if you have any questions regarding the accuracy of the data, please contact the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration at 870-972-2031 or registrar@astate.edu.

College Source Online

College Source is available to access information and course descriptions from various colleges and universities. http://www.collegesource.org

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS)

The following information is from the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) website: http://acts.adhe.edu

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in the application of credits for admissions and degree requirements. Students may complete specified General Education courses anywhere in the public system as well as many courses in the degree/major that have been pre-identified for transfer.

Using ACTS, students can review transferable courses by selecting the institution that you are transferring from and the institution that you are transferring to.

Access the Arkansas Course Transfer System for Students >>

If you are transferring from an accredited Arkansas public two-year community college or four-year university with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Art in Teaching or Associate of Science, you will be given full satisfaction of all A-State general education requirements. Some majors may require specific general education courses as part of their degree requirements. If you haven't satisfied those specific courses, you will still be required to complete that coursework.

Transfer Application Fee Waiver

If you have completed more than 13 transferrable hours and transfer to A-State directly from an ASU degree center A-State will waive the application fee. Fill out the fee waiver form and return it to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.

Download the fee waiver form >>