The A-State Transfer Scholarship is administered through the A-State Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Any questions concerning the scholarship should be directed to the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at (870) 972-2310.
Arkansas State University reserves the right to make changes to the scholarship program at any time based on available funding and eligible applicants
What the Scholarship Covers:
- The A-State Transfer Scholarship provides up to $4000 annually split between fall and spring semesters.
- Award is only for the A-State campus in Jonesboro or at one of the A-State System Degree Center campuses (Beebe, Mountain Home, Newport or Mid-South Degree Centers)
- Awards are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of six consecutive semesters or through completion of the undergraduate degree, or until all courses for degree are completed, whichever occurs first; provided the student maintains all scholarship requirements.
- This scholarship is not available for any of the online degree programs.
- Students must be seeking their first Bachelor’s Degree. Students in the high need areas of OTA, PTA, or AASN may be eligible for a maximum of three semesters of eligibility.
How to Qualify:
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is transferring from a two or four-year accredited college.
- Must have 24 transferrable hours (as determined by A-State Admissions Office) from accredited college with a cumulative 3.25 GPA.
- AP, CLEP, Military, PLA and Remediation hours are excluded from the required 24 hours.
- Residents and non-residents of Arkansas are eligible to apply.
- Current A-State students are ineligible to apply.
- Students must be fully admitted by July 15 for fall enrollment.
- Students must be fully admitted by December 15 for spring enrollment.
- Cannot be combined with any other A-State Institutional Scholarship.
- Students with only concurrent transfer work while in high school are ineligible.
- Students that apply the fall or the spring semester directly after high school graduation are ineligible.
- No scholarship application is required and scholarship awards are mailed to eligible candidates after the student is fully admitted and eligibility is determined.
- A limited number of awards are available.
- The deadline for acceptance is 30 days from the date of the scholarship offer.
No application is required and scholarship awards are mailed to eligible candidates after the student is fully admitted and eligibility is determined.
Students Responsibilities for Accepting and Maintaining the Transfer Scholarship:
To accept the 2017-18 scholarship offer:
- Login at http://mycampus.astate.edu
- Select SSB (Self Service) button
- Select the Financial Aid Link and choose Award Year 2017-2018
- Follow the links in the Scholarships Section to complete the following:
- Accept/Decline your ASU Scholarship Offer
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of your ASU Scholarship Offer (If accepting scholarship)
Additional Requirements & Renewal:
- Students who are selected to receive the A-State Transfer Scholarship will have 30 days to accept the scholarship offer. After that time, the scholarship offer will no longer be valid. Should you accept the scholarship and later decide to attend another university, please notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office in writing by email at email@example.com or postal mail.
- Enrollment of a minimum 15 credit hours toward a Bachelor’s Degree at the A-State campus in Jonesboro or at one of the A-State System Degree Center campuses (Beebe, Mountain Home, Newport or Mid-South) is required during each consecutive Fall and Spring semester. Concurrent enrollment on another campus cannot be used to meet full-time enrollment status nor be paid for by the scholarship. Enrollment is locked on the 11th class day. Students in an academic program that is lock-stepped and prohibits 15 hours in any given semester will be allowed to receive their scholarship upon approval of Scholarship Office and receipt of letter from academic advisor. Students in their final semester of scholarship eligibility or final semester and graduating will be allowed to take a minimum of 12 hours. Please notify the Scholarship Office if you are graduating early.
- All students must enroll in courses from the A-State campus in Jonesboro or at one of the A-State System Degree Center campuses (Beebe, Mountain Home, Newport or Mid-South) the semester of the award.
- Award holders who are dependents of faculty and staff will be paid 25 percent of the scholarship value per semester for credit hours at the A-State campus in Jonesboro or at one of the A-State System Degree Center campuses (Beebe, Mountain Home, Newport or Mid-South) in addition to the faculty/staff discount.
- Silver Scholars are ineligible for this award.
- If at any time the recipient becomes ineligible for federal financial aid, the student forfeits their scholarship for that semester and all future semesters.
- All college-level course work is calculated into the overall GPA for scholarship renewal.
- Students are required to maintain an overall 3.250 GPA and successfully complete 30 credit hours (Fall and Spring combined) each academic year at the A-State campus in Jonesboro or at one of the A-State System campuses (Beebe, Mountain Home, Newport or Mid-South). Note- accepted transfer credits will be calculated into overall GPA.
- Any student who receives all Ws, Fs, WNs, Is and/or FNs at the end of their first semester will lose their scholarship for all subsequent semesters.
- Students who have grade changes are responsible for contacting the Scholarship Office to request their scholarship status be reevaluated.
- For military exceptions, contact the Scholarships Office at (870) 972-2310.