Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Health, Education and Sport Sciences
The B.S. degree in Sport Management is designed to prepare future professionals the needed knowledge, skills and experiences interested in careers in intercollegiate and professional athletics organizations, sport facility management (arenas/stadiums), campus and community recreation programs, sports information/public relations, sport marketing and management agencies, sport news media, and sport merchandise. This is a fast-paced, challenging, highly regarded, behind-the-scenes, managerial, professional field that requires students to have the academic background, management experience, communication abilities, and leadership qualities to be successful.
Curriculum and degree requirements can be found in the most current Undergraduate Bulletin.
Career Opportunities & Salary
- Intercollegiate athletics (marketing, development, event operations, compliance, finance, media relations, and sales): $28,000-38,000
- Professional sport: Entry $30,000-40,000
- Sport facility management: $26,000-32,000
- Sports agencies: $26,000-32,000
- Campus recreation directors: $26,000-32,000
- Community-based sport (e.g. YMCA, parks & recreation programs): $26,000-32,000
- Sports information/media relations (e.g college, professional, Olympic, conference, NCAA and other national governing agencies): $28,000-38,000
- Sport marketing (e.g market research, promotion, fundraising and sales): $35,000-45,000
- Event management: $26,000-32,000
- Sport journalism/web management: $26,000-32,000