Student Support Services (SSS) is a comprehensive program designed to promote retention and academic success in college. SSS provides participants with academic and support services in a caring environment that seeks to ensure their successful completion of a baccalaureate degree at Arkansas State University. These services are FREE to participants and include tutoring, academic advising, counseling, mentoring, workshops, and cultural enrichment trips.
To be considered for SSS, a student must be a U.S. citizen, national, or meet the residence requirements for federal student aid and be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at ASU
Students must also meet one of the following requirements:
- be a first generation college student (neither parent has a baccalaureate degree).
- Meet income guidelines.
- Be an individual with a disability.
- Aging out of the foster care system.
SSS Texting Services
Student Support Services is offering a new texting service. This new system is an update from our current texting service. With our new delivery system any subscribers with text messaging will be eligible. The texting service is free to all current SSS participants. Remember, you will be subject to texting charges from your service provider.
How to subscribe
- Go to the following link: ASU Texting Services
- Enter your phone number, check the "accept terms of service" box, then click the subscribe button.
- The site then redirects you to another page where you will enter a password that you will receive via text message.
- You have now subscribed to SSS texting service.
Student Support Services provides participants with academic and support services in a caring environment that seeks to ensure their successful completion of a baccalaureate degree at Arkansas State University.