The Arkansas State University Writing Center is a comfortable learning space in which ALL members of the A-State community, undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff, can receive feedback on their writing. Our qualified, friendly writing consultants will help you at any stage of the process, from deciphering assignment sheets to providing feedback on writing projects that are nearly finished. We will help you with any writing occasion, whether it be personal, academic, or professional.
You can utilize the center by walking in, setting up an appointment in person or via phone at (870) 972-3451, scheduling weekly appointments with the same tutor, attending one of our Discipline Drop-In Hours in the Writing Center and across campus, attending one of our workshops, and joining one of our writing groups.
Our Writing Consultants will:
- help you understand and plan your writing project;
- talk with you about the content, organization, style, and/or mechanics of your work;
- work with you on integration of sources and documentation (APA, Chicago, MLA, Turabian, etc.);
- ensure that you are not engaging in academically dishonest writing and research practices;
- walk you through how to utilize the campus research databases;
- do our best not just to help you create better writing, but to help you become a better writer;
- treat you and your work with respect.
Our Writing Consultants will not:
- review your work without you present;
- write or edit your paper for you;
- tell you what to write;
- assign a grade to your work, even informally;
- discuss you or your work with anyone outside of the Writing Center without your permission.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, you can contact the Writing Center Director Tabatha Simpson-Farrow at email@example.com.
We also encourage you to add us on Facebook and Twitter so you can be updated about our services, promotions, and events.