Please review the below information regarding social work field experience:
The field courses provide students with opportunities for supervised, hands-on experience with client systems ranging in size from individuals to communities. These clients should include persons who differ from the student in as many ways as possible but must include those who differ by gender and race/ethnicity. Other diverse groups include those who differ by age, sexual orientation, religious orientation, physical or mental abilities, and socioeconomic status. Learning experiences build from Field I to Field II leading the student to independent practice.
Prerequisites for Field Work
Prior to entering the field, students are required to complete:
- SW 2203 Introduction to social work
- SW 3253 Social Work Practice I
- SW 3303 Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
- SW 3303 Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
- SOC3383 Social Statistics
- SOC3381 Social Statistics Lab
- SOC4293 Methods of Social Research
Students may take SOC3383, SOC3381 & SOC4293 during field I & II.
While enrolled in Field I (Fall), students generally take:
- SW 4263 Social Work, Practice II
- SW 4313 Social Welfare Policy
- SW 3363 Cultural Diversity
While enrolled in Field II (Spring), students generally take:
- SW 4303 Social Work Practice III
- SW 4283 Field Experience Seminar C
To enter the field, students must meet several criteria.
- The student must be admitted to the social work program, be in their senior year with a minimum G.P.A of 2.75 overall.
- The student must have completed: Introduction to Social Work, Human Behavior in the Social Environment I and II, and Practice I. 11
- The student must have a plan for graduating, at least by the end of the Fall semester of the year Field II is completed, signed by his/her advisor.
Field Program Documents
2015 Learning Agreement and Final Evaluation- MSW Advanced
2015 Learning Agreement and Final Evaluation- BSW/Foundation
Process Recording I 8-15
Process Recording II 8-15
SW Intern Time Sheet Record
BSW Field Manual
MSW Field Manual