The College of Agriculture and Technology is pleased to announce our new Agricultural Systems Technology (an emphasis in Agricultural Studies) degree! This program prepares students to apply engineering and technological principles to all areas of food production and processing. Career paths include: agricultural/industrial equipment sales/service;agricultural production/processing industries; crop production industries; geospatial technologies; precision agriculture; and technology-based positions with local, state and federal agencies.
We will have 2 new minors as well:
Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services
Spatial Technologies and Geographic Information Systems minor
If you are an Agriculture Business major and pursue the Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services, there is scholarship available! Greenway and Pro Ag Services are proud sponsors of these scholarships!
AMOUNT AND TERM OF AWARD:
8 Scholarships of $2,000 each provided funds are available.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RECEIVING SCHOLARSHIP:
Full-time student at ASU-J.
- Must be an Agricultural Business major in the College of Agriculture and Technology.
- Must complete the Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services minor as shown below:
- Students will receive $1,000 upon completion of the first 9 hours of minor course work and $1,000 during the semester they complete requirements for Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services minor (18-19 hours).
1. Successful completion of the following (12 hours):
- PSSC 3323 – Weeds and Weed Control (3 hours)
- PSSC 3503 – Agriculture Spatial Technology I (3 hours)
- PSSC 4813 – Soil Fertility and Fertilizers (3 hours)
- BIOL 3313 – Economic Entomology (3 hours)
2. Successful completion of 6 to 7 hours from the following list:
- PSSC 3313 -- Plant Disease Management (3 hours)
- PSSC 3513 – Agriculture Spatial Technology II (3 hours)
- PSSC 4713 – Soil Quality Assessment and Interpretation (3 hours)
- PSSC 4804 – Principles of Crop Production (4 hours)
- PSSC 4853 – Soil and Water Conservation (3 hours)