The Reng Student Advisory Council shall consist of the following members:
- Student Member – Ryan Whitlock
- Student Member – Annie Robinson
- Student Member – Ganlei "Sophia" Huang
- Student Member – Shelby Brooks
- Student Member – Jacob Yates
- President of the Student Government Association – D'Andre Anderson
- President of the Student Activities Board – Amber Ray
- Dean of Student Development and Leadership - Randall Tate
- Assistant Director for Facilities Operations - Shane Copeland
- Associate Dean/Director Leadership Center - Martha Spack
- Coordinator of Intramural Sports – Carol Cummings
Five student members shall be selected each spring. Students shall serve on the SAC no longer than two years. Selections shall be made by the Student Development and Leadership staff members of the SAC.
Powers & Duties of the Council
- The SAC shall have advisory responsibilities concerning the function and operation of the Reng Student Union, Campus Recreation, and Leadership Center.
- Members will represent a student point of view in discussions concerning areas of oversight.
- The SAC will bring forth new ideas and suggestions to improve the areas of oversight.
- The SAC shall recommend policies to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs that are deemed necessary to provide for the needs of the University community. Such recommendations may concern operations, services, amenities, space allocation, and use of the facilities.
- Policy shall be recommended by the SAC and forwarded by the Dean of Student Development and Leadership to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for review.
- Implementation of any policies approved by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs shall be the responsibility of the Dean of Student Development and Leadership.
- The SAC shall review and evaluate the attainment of the Reng Student Union mission and goals.
- The SAC shall promote student involvement in recognition of the students’ unique relationship to the organization.
- SAC meetings which shall be held at least once per month and shall be coordinated by the Dean of Student Development and Leadership.