Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Military Friendly Logo  Best For Veterans Award  Military Advanced Education Top Colleges and Universities logo

At Arkansas State University, it is our privilege to assist veterans in taking advantage of the numerous educational opportunities available through the GI Bill and other programs. Regardless of whether you are a new student, a returning student or transferring to our campus from another institution, we are here to help you find the resources you need to make the most out of your time at A-State.

Veterans of recent military service, and the dependents of certain other servicemen, may be entitled to educational assistance payments from the Veterans Administration. Reservists and members of the National Guard may also be eligible for monthly educational benefits.

Arkansas State University is an approved institution for veterans and veterans' beneficiaries training.

Our Veteran Affairs Representative offers the following assistance to veterans:

  • Help students apply for Chapter 30, Chapter 33/ Post 9/11, Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, and Chapter 35. Once students apply and get their Certificate of Eligibility, the hours will be submitted to the VA for payment processing.
  • Assist with kickers, which are paid to National Guard/Reserves.
  • Evaluate military credit for college credit.
View information on Applying for VA Benefits >>

If you need to obtain a copy of your military transcript, please see the link below:

Joint Services Transcript >>


The Veteran Affairs representative in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration should be your first stop when inquiring about VA benefits and information. Please contact us at 870-972-2031. 

Please contact Kathy Hogue, VA University Official in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration, by email at rmathes@astate.edu or by phone at 870-972-3402 if you have any questions or need assistance. We look forward to working with you as you continue your education at A-State!

Beck PRIDE Center

The Beck PRIDE Center for America's Wounded Veterans is housed in the College of Nursing and Health Professions. For more information regarding the Beck Pride Center, please visit their website.

For additional information regarding educational assistance, please visit the VA website at www.gibill.va.gov.