The Undergraduate Graduation and Academic Credit Appeals Committee serves as an appeals committee for students contesting decisions on university requirements such as graduation requirements, academic suspension, and academic credit.
This committee addresses academic matters. For financial aid consideration, please see the financial aid appeal process.
Membership consists of the chair of each college admissions and credits committee and three students appointed by the Student Government Association (SGA). The Registrar, Assistant to the Chancellor for Diversity Initiatives, Director of Admissions, and a representative from the Office of Student Affairs will serve as ex-officio, non-voting members.
Recommendations for individual student appeals concerning university requirements for graduation or academic requirements will be forwarded to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Research with a copy to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
This committee usually meets on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Contact your college representative for location.
Students who plan to return to ASU after a second or subsequent suspension are required to petition this committee to seek admission after they have sat out their required time. Attendance is required for this type of appeal.
Procedure to petition
- Student completes Undergraduate Graduation and Academic Credit Petition form with help of advisor.
- Advisor signs and sends to college representative for college review. Do not forward or send to Office of Admissions, Records and Registration. This slows down the appeals process.
- College representative sends at least one copy of the petition and supporting materials to the Registrar prior to the meeting. The college committee must have indicated a decision BEFORE the form is brought to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration. Usually this must be done by the Friday before the meeting.
- College representative brings three (3) copies to the meeting for review by the University Committee.
- University Committee reviews petition and all supporting documentation provided by the student and makes decision.
Students are encouraged to provide as much supporting documentation as possible.
Students are not required to attend, unless they are petitioning for admission after a suspension, but their attendance is recommended.