Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Grading Information

Direct Access to Self Service for Grading

If you cannot login to the myCampus portal because you do not have an ASU email account, please access Self Service directly to access your grading worksheet.

Go straight to Self Service >>

Summer 2017 Grading Deadlines

WN Grading - Full Session and Session 1 Courses

The final grading worksheet for WN grading will be available in myCampus on the Self Service tab from June 2nd through June 5th at noon (12:00 PM Central).

Final Grading - Session 1 Courses

The final grading worksheet for first session courses will be available in myCampus on the Self Service tab on June 28th. The final grades for first session courses will be due by noon (12:00 PM Central) on July 5th.

WN Grading - Session 2 Courses

The final grading worksheet for WN grading will be available in myCampus on the Self Service tab from July 7th through July 10th at noon (12:00 PM Central).

Final Grading - Full session and Session 2 Courses

The final grading worksheet will be available on July 26th.

Final grades for graduating students are due by 10:00 AM Central on August 4th.

Final grades for all students are due by noon (12:00 PM Central) on August 4th. 

In order to facilitate administering diplomas to students at the commencement ceremonies, all submitted grades for students will be rolled into history the day before the ceremony. Due to this roll, final grading may be temporarily unavailable during this time.

Please note that ALL grades that are submitted into Self-Service or the final grade column of Blackboard at the time of a roll will be updated into academic history.  This means that grades for these students can no longer be changed through the system and a grade change form (found in your dean’s office) will need to be completed and submitted to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.

Final Grading Window

Faculty can add, delete and update final grades up until the close out time for grading. Once the final grading worksheet is turned off and grades have been posted, or "rolled" as it is frequently called, the grades are locked and students are able to view the grades in Self Service and on their transcripts. Any grade changes after the grading period would have to be done by a Change of Grade form.

WN Grade Eligibility

Students who attend one or more classes are not eligible for the WN grade.

Faculty are asked to assign a grade of WN (withdrawal for non attendance) to students who have never attended a single class during the first 11 class days of the Fall and Spring Semesters and first 5 class days of the Summer I and Summer II terms.

Although faculty are asked to assign WNs it is often difficult to track attendance during the first few days because of the University's flexible course add/drop policy.

Web Classes 

WN can only be assigned for students who have never logged into Blackboard for online classes. Students who have logged into Blackboard at any time once the term has begun are NOT eligible for a WN even if they have not completed any assignments. These students must complete the normal drop or withdrawal process.

Financial Obligations

The WN grade removes all financial obligations associated with the course.

Student Responsibility

Students are responsible for dropping/withdrawing from all classes they are not attending. Student should not depend on the University to assign a grade of WN. Students should review their schedule of classes using Self Service to make sure their enrollment is accurate. They should check their midterm grades as soon as they are available to confirm their enrollment is still accurate. Students should check their transcript at the end of final grading each semester to be sure it accurately reflects their enrollment and grades. Failure to do so could result in unnecessary financial obligations and inappropriate grades (usually F's).

Students who find a mistake need to contact the Registrar's Office for proper procedures immediately upon discovery. It is the student's responsibility to make sure their transcript is an accurate reflection of the student's registration and participation in the course(s) at ASU.


To get reinstated to a class after being dropped for non-attendance. Not to be used if student accidentally drops a class online. A memo from the instructor on department letterhead must be submitted stating the student has been attending.

Download the Reinstatement Form >>

The WN grade will only be granted or may be appealed through the first day of classes of the following fall or spring semester, whichever comes first.

IP Grade 

New Grade Beginning Summer 2010 for Theses and Dissertations

Beginning in Summer 2010, theses and dissertations can receive the grade of IP, which means In Progress. The new grade of IP should help to resolve some issues that have arisen due to financial aid and/or student loan deferment. The Office of Admissions, Records and Registration will assist faculty by entering a grade of IP on all graduate level theses and dissertations before grading is available.

If a student has finished and a grade needs to be entered, faculty can change the IP grade in Self Service to the appropriate grade to indicate completion. If they finish after grading is over or during another semester, faculty will still have to complete the Change of Grade Form.

Incomplete Forms and Change of Grade Forms

If you need to issue an incomplete grade of I to a student for an undergraduate class, please use this form.

When the student has completed his or her work and you are ready to change the I grade to their earned grade, you will need to talk to your Dean's office staff to obtain a Change of Grade form.

Unless otherwise noted by the instructor, all work must be completed by the student and the instructor must turn in the Official Change of Grade form to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration by the end of the next regular semester. If not, the I will become an F.