Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Fall 2018 Panhellenic Sorority Primary Recruitment Week
August 12th-18th, 2018
Registration for Fall 2018 Primariy Recruitment Opens Monday, April 23rd!
We are glad you are interested in participating in Fall 2018 Panhellenic Primary Recruitment! Recruitment offers you an opportunity to meet chapter members and other young women participating in the Primary Recruitment process, while learning what each sorority has to offer.
Throughout the process, Recruitment Counselors, (Gamma Chi's), will answer all questions that may arise while participating in recruitment. Gamma Chi's are upperclassmen sorority women who have pledged to ethically counsel and coach you through the recruitment experience. They are trained in recruitment logistics, counseling and coaching skills, and they will serve as your trustworthy mentor throughout this entire process.
Participating in Recruitment does not require you to join a sorority. It does, however, enable you to explore and learn more about the A-State campus and our Greek community. This is a great way to meet new people and find information about various ways to get involved on the A-State campus. This process is intended to be a positive, fun, and enriching experience for everyone who participates.
Primary Recruitment Early Move-In Info
You will notice that Arkansas State Panhellenic Primary Recruitment occurs the week prior to the first day of class for the Fall semester. It is our hope that potential new members are more comfortable participating in Primary Recruitment prior to classes beginning. It can sometimes prove quite a challenge for potential new members and members to balance Formal Recruitment with new classes, new experiences, and--for some--a new temporary home. We want to make this experience as stress-free and enjoyable as possible!
Upon registering for Primary Recruitment, Potential New Members who plan to live in on-campus housing will be assigned an early move-in date for their assigned residence hall. Following the Primary Recruitment registration deadline of July 23rd, 2018, the Office of Greek Life will provide the list of recruitment registrants to the Department of Residence Life. If you register for Primary Recruitment by the July 23rd deadline and have an on-campus housing assignment, you are guaranteed an early move-in date of August 12th, 2018. You will be able to move into your residence hall anytime between 10am and 2pm on August 12th. Our Recruitment Counselors/Gamma Chis will be on-site ready to assist you and your family with move-in!
A-State Panhellenic Gives Back
Philanthropy and service is a foundational value of fraternities and sororities. All of our A-State Panhellenic sororities host highly successful and beneficial philanthropic events and participate in hands-on community service. Most recently, the A-State Panhellenic Council has adopted the Circle of Sisterhood as the council-wide philanthropy. The Circle of Sisterhood is a non-profit organization founded and empowered by sorority women across the United States on a mission to raise financial resources to help remove education barriers for girls and women facing poverty and oppression around the world. For more information on this non-profit organization, please visit https://www.circleofsisterhood.org/
Throughout 2018, A-State Panhellenic will sponsor fundraising opportunities and events to support this cause. As a Potential New Member, you have the opportunity to assist our sororities in their fundraising efforts. You may choose to make a $5 donation to Circle of Sisterhood at the time of your online Recruitment Registration Fee payment. Your $5 donation will go directly to the Circle of Sisterhood on behalf of the A-State Panhellenic Council. Please know that this $5 donation is optional and confidential.
In order to join a Panhellenic sorority, you must be a full-time student in good standing with Arkansas State University-Jonesboro at the time of Primary Recruitment. In order to be eligible for A-State Sorority Recruitment, you must complete the below checklist:
- Register for recruitment online through ICS & complete each required section on the online application.
- Attach a personal photo to the end of the online application, as directed.
- Pay your required $85 registration fee + optional $5 donation to Circle of Sisterhood non-profit by 11:59pm on July 23rd, 2018. The Recruitment Registration Fee covers the cost of 3 Recruitment t-shirts, name tags, Recruitment Counselor training materials, usage of the online recruitment registration system, ICS, and lunches during the week of Formal Recruitment. At the very end of the online application process, you will be directed to a secure GreekBill, Inc. payment site where you may pay your $85 recruitment registration fee + optional $5 donation to Circle of Sisterhood by credit card/debit card.
- If you choose not to pay online, you will need to make your check payable to A-State Panhellenic and mail it to A-State Panhellenic, c/o Leadership Center, Arkansas State University, P.O. Box 1980, State University, AR, 72467. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- Want to know what to expect during Sorority Recruitment, receive helpful insider tips, meet other young women going through Recruitment, and get all of your questions answered? To the left of your screen, simply click on the Sorority Preview Day link for information on how to attend Sorority Preview Day this summer!
- A cumulative GPA of a 2.0 is required for all A-State women, (incoming freshmen, transfer, and upperclassmen), planning on going through Primary Recruitment. However, all A-State Panhellenic sororities have higher local and inter/national academic requirements for membership. A woman will likely be released from the recruitment process if she does not meet the minimum chapter GPA requirements for membership. We strongly encourage, but do not require, a 3.0 GPA for all students to participate in Primary Recruitment.
- Consider obtaining and arranging for Letters of Recommendation to be submitted by Friday, August 3rd, 2018. Get more information on Letters of Recommendation here>>!
- Get excited for Recruitment!
Your application is not complete until all materials have been received.