Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Panhellenic Sorority Fall 2016 Recruitment Week
August 14th-20th, 2016 (The week prior to the first day of class)
We are glad you are interested in participating in Fall 2016 Panhellenic Formal Recruitment! Recruitment offers you an opportunity to meet chapter members and other young women participating in the Formal Recruitment process, while learning what each sorority has to offer.
Throughout the process, Recruitment Counselors, (Gamma Chi's), will answer all questions that may arise while participating in recruitment. Gamma Chi's are upperclassmen sorority women who have pledged to ethically counsel and coach you through the recruitment experience. They are trained in recruitment logistics, counseling and coaching skills, and they will serve as your trustworthy mentor throughout this entire process.
Participating in Recruitment does not require you to join a sorority. It does, however, enable you to explore and learn more about the A-State campus and our Greek community. This is a great way to meet new people and find information about various ways to get involved on the A-State campus. This process is intended to be a positive, fun, and enriching experience for everyone who participates.
Formal Recruitment Early Move-In Info
You will notice that Arkansas State Panhellenic Formal Recruitment occurs the week prior to the first day of class for the Fall semester. It is our hope that potential new members are more comfortable participating in Formal Recruitment prior to classes beginning. It can sometimes prove quite a challenge for potential new members and members to balance Formal Recruitment with the adjustment of new classes, new experiences, and--for some--a new temporary home. We want to make this experience as stress-free and enjoyable as possible!
Potential New Members who are registered for Formal Recruitment will be assigned an early move-in date for their previously selected residence hall. Following the Formal Recruitment registration deadline of July 25th, 2016, the Office of Greek Life will provide the list of recruitment registrants to the Department of Residence Life. If you register for Formal Recruitment by the July 25th deadline and have an on-campus housing assignment, you are guaranteed to automatically recieve an early move-in date of August 14th, 2016. You will be able to move into your residence hall anytime between 12pm and 4pm on August 14th. Our Recruitment Counselors/Gamma Chis will be on-site ready to assist you and your family with move-in!
A-State Panhellenic Gives Back
Philanthropy and service is a foundational value of fraternities and sororities. All of our A-State Panhellenic Council sororities host highly successful and beneficial philanthropic events and participate in hands-on community service. Most recently, the A-State Panhellenic Council has adopted the Circle of Sisterhood as the council-wide philanthropy. The Circle of Sisterhood is a non-profit organization founded and empowered by sorority women across the United States on a mission to raise financial resources to help remove education barriers for girls and women facing poverty and oppression around the world. For more information on this non-profit organization, please visit https://www.circleofsisterhood.org/
Throughout 2016, A-State Panhellenic will sponsor fundraising opportunities and events to support this cause. As a Potential New Member, you have the opportunity to assist our sororities in their fundraising efforts. You may choose to make a $5 donation to Circle of Sisterhood at the time of your Recruitment Registration Fee payment. Your $5 donation will go directly to the Circle of Sisterhood on behalf of the A-State Panhellenic Council. Please know that this $5 donation is optional and confidential.
In order to join a Panhellenic sorority, you must be a full-time student in good standing with Arkansas State University-Jonesboro at the time of recruitment. In order to be eligible for A-State Sorority Recruitment, you must complete the below checklist:
- Register for recruitment online through ICS & complete each required section on the online application.
- Attach a personal photo to the end of the online application, as directed. (This process is comparable to uploading a photo to Facebook).
- Pay your required $85 registration fee + optional $5 donation to Circle of Sisterhood non-profit by 11:59pm on July 25th, 2016. The Recruitment Fee covers the cost of 2 t-shirts, nametags, Recruitment Counselor training materials, usage of the online recruitment registration system, ICS, and additional miscellaneous items. At the very end of the online application process, you will be directed to a secure payment site where you may pay your $85 recruitment registration fee + optional $5 donation to the Circle of Sisterhood by credit card/debit card.
- If you choose not to pay online, you will need to make your check payable to A-State National Panhellenic Conference and mail it to National Panhellenic Conference, Arkansas State University, P.O. Box 1980, State University, AR, 72467. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- Want to know what to expect during Sorority Recruitment, receive helpful insider tips, meet other young women going through Recruitment, and get all of your questions answered??? To the right of your screen, simply click on the Sorority Preview Day link for information on how to attend Sorority Preview Day this summer!
- Consider obtaining and arranging for Letters of Recommendation to be submitted by Friday, August 5th, 2016. Get more information on Letters of Recommendation.
- Get excited for Recruitment!
Your application is not complete until all materials have been received.