The following criteria will be used by the Scholarship Committee in selecting recipients:
Currently Enrolled ASU Students (2018-19)
- U.S. Citizen
- Arkansas Resident
- Currently enrolled with a minimum of 30 ASUJ hours at the time of application
- Overall 3.25 GPA
- Eligible candidates cannot currently be receiving or have received in the past an ASU Institutional Scholarship (Scholar, Excellence, Leadership, Pride, Spirit, Promise, or Transfer)
- Must complete an application
- Scholarship is awarded competitively
How to apply:
- The deadline for the 18-19 award year has passed. The 19-20 application will be available June 2019.
- $500 Fall 2018
- $500 Spring 2019
- July 15, 2018
Terms of Award and Renewal:
- Student must be enrolled in 15 A-State undergraduate hours at the Jonesboro campus, when enrollment is locked on the 11th class day, each fall and each spring semester to receive award.
- Any student who receives all W’s, F’s, WN’s, I’s and/or FN’s at the end of any fall term will lose their scholarship for any future semesters.
- Award is annual; however, student must reapply each year in June to be considered for subsequent years. Student must also successfully complete 30 ASUJ hours fall, spring, and summer semesters combined with an overall 3.25 GPA to be considered for renewal.
- Award holders who are dependents of faculty and staff will be paid 25% of the scholarship value per semester for ASUJ credit hours in addition to the faculty/staff discount.
- Silver Scholars and students in online degree programs are ineligible for Institutional Scholarships.