Financial Aid eligiblity for the Summer term will not be evaluated until the Spring 2013 term has ended.
- May 15th, 2013 - Priority deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
- June 30th, 2013 - Final Deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
Eligibility Requirements for Summer Financial Aid
- Students must complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2012-2013 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
- You must register for Summer 2013 Courses before your eligibility will be evaluated.
- You must be fully admitted to a degree seeking program at ASUJ.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You cannot be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment to a Federal Grant.
- Receipt of additional financial assistance from any source could affect Federal Aid eligibility. Failure to report other sources of aid may result in required repayment of Federal Aid funds.
- Students may only be eligible for Summer Pell Grant funds if they were enrolled less than full time during the Fall and/or Spring semesters and did not use all of their Pell Grant eligibility during the current academic year.
- Graduate students are not eligible to receive a Pell Grant.
- You must be enrolled in at least half-time (6 ASUJ hours for Undergraduate students / 3 ASUJ hours for Graduate Students) to be eligible for a student loan.
- The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office will evaluate eligibility for student loans.
- Loans received in previous semesters for the 2012-2013 academic year will affect Summer 2013 loan eligibility.
- Students who have already received the maximum loan amount(s) for the 2012-2013 academic year will not be eligible for summer loans. If a student has progressed a grade level (i.e. Sophomore to Junior) additional funds may be available and eligibility will be evaluated.
- Students who have reached the aggregate (lifetime) loan limits for their level are not eligible for additional loan funds.
Summer Disbursement of Funds
- Pell Grants will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance. (i.e. If the student has 3 hours during the Summer 1 Session and 3 hours for the Summer 2 Session, the Pell Grant will be disbursed to the Student's account during the Summer 1 Session. NOTE: In this example, dropping the Summer 2 Session course before it begins would result in the student owing back Pell Grant money.)
- Summer loans will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Dropping courses may result in the student owing back money. Any change in enrollment should be reported to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
How to apply for Summer Financial Aid
- The Financial Aid & Scholarships office will evaluate your eligibility once you have completed the steps below:
- Complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2012-2013 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
- Register for Summer Courses. NOTE: IF you change your Summer enrollment, you must notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office immediately. Any change in enrollment could affect aid eligibility.
- Once your eligibility has been evaluated, you will receive an email notification in your Astate email account.