- May 15th, 2016 - Priority deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
- June 30th, 2016 - Final Deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
How to apply for Summer Financial Aid
The Financial Aid & Scholarships office will evaluate your eligibility once you have completed the steps below:
- Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2015-2016 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
- Register for Summer Courses. NOTE: IF you change your Summer enrollment, you must notify the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office immediately. Any change in enrollment could affect aid eligibility.
- Notify us that you are interested in summer aid eligibility by logging into your Financial Aid Checklist through mycampus.astate.edu
Once your eligibility has been evaluated, you will receive an email notification in your Astate email account.
Eligibility Requirements for Summer 2016 Financial Aid
- Students must complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2015-2016 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
- You must register for Summer 2016 Courses before your eligibility will be evaluated.
- You must be fully admitted to a degree seeking program at ASUJ.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You cannot be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment to a Federal Grant.
- Receipt of additional financial assistance from any source could affect Federal Aid eligibility. Failure to report other sources of aid may result in required repayment of Federal Aid funds.
- Students may only be eligible for Summer Pell Grant funds if they were enrolled less than full time during the Fall and/or Spring semesters and did not use all of their Pell Grant eligibility during the current academic year.
- Graduate students are not eligible to receive a Pell Grant.
- You must be enrolled in at least half-time (6 ASUJ hours for Undergraduate students / 3 ASUJ hours for Graduate Students) to be eligible for a student loan.
- The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office will evaluate eligibility for student loans.
- Loans received in previous semesters for the 2015-2016 academic year will affect Summer 2016 loan eligibility.
- Students who have already received the maximum loan amount(s) for the 2015-2016 academic year will not be eligible for summer loans. If a student has progressed a grade level (i.e. Sophomore to Junior) additional funds may be available and eligibility will be evaluated.
- Students who have reached the aggregate (lifetime) loan limits for their level are not eligible for additional loan funds.
Summer Disbursement of Funds
- Pell Grants will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance. (i.e. If the student has 3 hours during the Summer 1 Session and 3 hours for the Summer 2 Session, the Pell Grant will be disbursed to the Student's account during the Summer 1 Session. NOTE: In this example, dropping the Summer 2 Session course before it begins would result in the student owing back Pell Grant money.)
- Summer loans will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Dropping courses may result in the student owing back money. Any change in enrollment should be reported to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.