Eligible high-need programs
Students pursuing a degree or a second degree in the College of Health Science or the College of Education may be allowed additional time to complete a degree if they are in one of the following areas that are classified as high-need:
- Nursing-All areas, emphasis on Bachelor’s Degree
- Clinical Lab Science
- Communication Disorders
- Special Education
- Education-Foreign Language
- Bilingual Education
Students who have exceeded the 150% hour limit must adhere to the following guidelines to receive Federal Financial Aid under this provision:
- Must be admitted to the program.
- Must submit a Degree Completion Plan completed and signed by the student and the Academic Advisor.
- Must ensure that degree classification is up-to-date with the Office of the Registrar.
- Must continue progress towards degree completion per the degree plan on file.
Federal Financial Aid will be immediately suspended based on the following:
- Non-admittance into the academic program.
- Any deviation from the approved degree plan.
- Any grade less than 75% in their program classes.
Any student that does not complete their program within the timeframe designated by their degree plan will not be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid.