We are excited that you have chosen Arkansas State University to assist in meeting your work force needs. We have experienced a year of transition, collaboration, developing and enhancing partnerships and implementing new initiatives.
The staff at the Career Management Center are dedicated to each student’s career and life success as well as each employer.
Provided Employer Services
As an employer who has hired several ASU graduates Rural Sourcing, Inc, states:
“Tim Owens joined RSI recently and is quickly making an impact on the client project and tasks he’s being assigned. Clearly, it’s a testament not only to him but a reflection on the education he earned at Arkansas State. Thank you for the important role you play in preparing students for a professional career in IT!”
- Stacy Navarro, VP, Human Resources
Fall and Spring Career Fairs
All Majors Career Fair and Education, Nursing & Health Professions Career Fairs are held each October and March and provides opportunity for you to connect with students, faculty and staff from a variety of academic backgrounds. The Career Management Center also hosts a Graduate School Exposition in November of each year. To register for our career fairs, log into your career connect account using the links on the left side of the page.
Fall Part-time Job Fair
Designed for area employers to attend at no cost. Held in August it provides the opportunity to recruit students for part-time employment opportunities.
Graduate School Expositions
Each November the Career Management Center hosts a Graudate School Exposition for Graduate Schools across the state and nation to share information with our students regarding graduate school options.
On-campus Visibility and Interviews
Your organization will benefit from campus-wide announcements and the opportunity to meet students first-hand. Develop an assertive proactive recruitment strategy.
Search Student and Alumni Resume Database
Search the Career Connect database to find full-time, part-time and/or internship and alumni candidates who meet your hiring criteria.
Post Available Positions
List full-time/part-time and internship positions with the Career Management Center. Positions are posted and viewed by students, alumni, faculty and staff. Login to your Career Connect account to post jobs or send a full job description to: email@example.com
Locate interns from ASU’s degree programs. Internships help you connect early with highly motivated students and improve your recruitment, selection and hiring process. List of University Internship Coordinators
The following ASU events are designed to introduce employers to potential employees:
Branding Strategies to Increase Visibility On-Campus
- Complete a profile and register with Career Connect where students, faculty, staff and alumni will view your company information and employment postings.
- Register with the “Community Connect” Program to engage with the University and its students on a one-on-one or more personal basis.
- Advertise with the university student newspaper, “The Herald.”
- Present to student organizations.
- Present a management or operational concept from a professional’s perspective to a classroom.
- Partner with a professor’s class to conduct research and analysis; communication, branding, marketing; technological concerns and issues and new product development.
- Host a company tour for an academic class, faculty or student organization.
- Contribute scholarships, equipment, professor endowments and more.