The Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives proudly sponsors the ASU Quality Teaching Circle Initiative, a component of the university’s mentoring program. The purpose of this initiative is to promote excellence in teaching, research and service among tenure-track faculty members by creating positive and safe environments for faculty members to exchange ideas, receive enriching criticism, express concerns and access a university-wide support system.
The QTCI meets twice each semester with a faculty member either presenting initial research efforts or facilitating a discussion on a topic of interest. Benefits and topical coverage will include:
- Establishment of a forum for tenure-track (junior) faculty members to discuss concerns, and receive guidance, in the areas of teaching, research and service.
- Encourage formal and informal mentorship relations between junior and senior faculty.
- Discuss personal research agendas, pending research proposals and receive feedback prior to journal submission or conference presentation.
- Discuss improving overall teaching skills.
- Discuss best practices in navigating the promotion, retention and tenure process.
- Discuss best practices in managing difficult personalities and resolving conflict.
Dates for QTCI meetings are announced at the beginning of each semester.
**Refreshments are served at each session.