39th Annual Convocation of Scholars Begins Monday
JONESBORO – Outstanding students and faculty members will be recognized during the 39th annual Convocation of Scholars events in April at Arkansas State University.
The month of Convocation of Scholars events will culminate with the presentation of the R. E. Lee Wilson Citizenship Award and the Distinguished Service Awards at a campus ceremony on Thursday, April 27. The Wilson Award and DSAs are A-State's top awards for graduating students.
Faculty Honors Convocation will be Tuesday, April 11, beginning at 2 p.m. in Centennial Hall of the Carl R. Reng Student Union. Winners of the Faculty Achievement Awards in teaching, scholarship, professional service and academic advising will be announced, and retiring faculty members will be recognized for their service to Arkansas State.
The seventh annual "Create@State: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship and Creativity," involves scores of students in scholarly and artistic presentations Thursday and Friday, April 20-21, in the Carl R. Reng Student Union.
The annual Student Leadership Recognition Ceremony will be Wednesday, April 19, at 5:30 p.m. in Centennial Hall of the Reng Student Union.
The Faculty Honors Convocation, Create@State, Delta Symposium, Delta Flix Film and Media Festival and student leadership recognition are open to the public.
Various academic units have scheduled recognition ceremonies as follows (in chronological order):
- College of Agriculture, Engineering and Technology banquet (engineering awards), 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 3;
- Excellence in Diversity awards reception, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 6.
- College of Education and Behavioral Science honors banquet, 6 p.m., Monday, April 10;
- College of Business honors banquet, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 10;
- College of Liberal Arts and Communication honors reception, 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 11;
- College of Liberal Arts and Communication (fine arts honors luncheon), noon, Friday, April 14;
- College of Nursing and Health Professions honors banquet, 6 p.m., Monday, April 17;
- College of Agriculture, Engineering and Technology banquet (agriculture and technology awards), 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 18;
- College of Sciences and Mathematics honors reception, 5:30 p.m., Thursday, April 20; and
- Undergraduate Studies honors reception, 2 p.m., Thursday, April 27.
Other scheduled recognition events, conducted by honor societies and other groups, are: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society initiation, 6:30 p.m., April 4; Beta Gamma Sigma induction, 4:30 p.m., April 10; Student Honors Recital, 7:30 p.m., April 10; Kappa Tau Alpha induction, 4:30 p.m., April 11; Lambda Pi Eta induction, 4:30 p.m., April 11; and Mossie Richmond-Afak Haydar Scholarship award dinner, 5:30 p.m., April 17.
# # #