University Police Promotes Campus Safety Awareness Week
JONESBORO – In observance of National Campus Safety Awareness Week, Arkansas State University has scheduled a number of activities to educate students, faculty and staff on ways to "stay safe."
University Police Department personnel will operate a Campus Safety Awareness Week booth in the Reng Student Union, first floor, each day this week. The schedule of topics for the booth is:
- UPD 101/Safety on Campus, Monday, Sept. 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Staying Safe in a High-Tech World, Tuesday, Sept. 9, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sexual Assault Awareness/Domestic Violence, Wednesday, Sept. 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Drinking/Texting While Driving, Thursday, Sept. 11, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Crosswalk Safety Awareness, Friday, Sept. 12, 8 a.m.-noon.
Rape Aggression Defense Class
Rape aggression defense class (RAD) will be presented Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 5-9 p.m., in the Mockingbird Room of the union.
Active Shooter Presentations
The UPD will give its active shooter presentation, which runs about an hour, several times this week in the Student Union Auditorium. The starting times are:
- Monday, Sept. 8: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 9: 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 10: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 11: 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
University Police Department will make presentations on safety related topics for interested classes or other groups. Interested persons should complete a presentation request form online.
# # #