Traffic, Campus Access and Parking Changes during Summer
JONESBORO – Here is a summary of the latest changes to traffic and campus access made necessary during summer and longer-term construction projects at Arkansas State University:
- Construction is beginning this week on modifications to Aggie Circle (east side of the Reng Student Union) and will continue until mid-August. There will be delays when driving through this area; alternate routes may be required.
- East end of parking lot SW-6 (Agriculture) will be closed July 5-26 (weather permitting) for resurfacing. Service parking and the Education/Communication loading dock, as well as handicap parking, will still be available.
- Red Wolf Trail is closed to the public until maintenance work on the track is completed.
- The temporary connector between University Loop and Aggie Road on the west side of campus is closed. A permanent replacement is under construction.
- Access to Quapaw Street from University Loop is closed indefinitely as a result of the new undergraduate housing project. The west end of Quapaw will remain open, providing access to Arkansas Hall and to individual houses on Quapaw.
- Maintenance projects in the North Parking Deck requires closure of most of the parking deck through July 31. The Caraway Road entrance is closed, and the second and third levels of the deck are inaccessible. The Dean Street entrance remains open, providing access to the first level and lower ramp for contract parking only from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and general parking after 5 p.m. and all day on weekends. The first level visitor parking will be available at all times (faculty, staff and students not permitted). First level disability parking also will remain accessible (disability permit must be displayed).
- The northwest and southeast stairwells at the North Parking Deck are closed for repairs; visitors should use the southwest stairwell for access.
Questions about temporary parking arrangements may be directed to Parking Services at 972-2945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #