Top Graduates in Agriculture and Technology Recognized
JONESBORO – The most outstanding graduating seniors in the College of Agriculture and Technology at Arkansas State University were recognized at the annual honors banquet during Convocation of Scholars, according to Dr. Timothy Burcham, dean.
The Chancellor’s Scholar award was presented to Ganlei Huang of China, an animal science major. The Chancellor’s Scholar is the graduating senior who has the highest overall grade point average in each college.
Winners of the academic departmental awards and their respective bachelor’s degree programs were as follows. These awards are based on scholarship, leadership and service to the department:
- James Bisswanger of Ethel, Arkansas, agricultural business.
- Ben Gander of Beech Grove, agricultural studies.
- Ganlei Huang of China, animal science.
- Tara McKenney of Swifton, plant and soil science.
- Rendia King of Camden, technology.
In addition, Hunter Biram of Floral, an agricultural business major, received the O.P. Nail Outstanding Junior Award.
# # #