Students and Faculty to be Recognized during 38th Annual Convocation of Scholars
JONESBORO – Outstanding students and faculty members will be recognized during the 38th annual Convocation of Scholars events in April at Arkansas State University.
This year's recipient of the R. E. Lee Wilson Citizenship Award, A-State's top award for a graduating student, and winners of the Distinguished Service Awards will be announced during a campus ceremony Thursday evening, April 7.
The sixth annual "Create @ State: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship and Creativity," involves scores of students in scholarly and artistic presentations Wednesday and Thursday, April 6-7, in the Carl R. Reng Student Union.
Faculty Honors Convocation will be Tuesday, April 12, beginning at 2 p.m. in Centennial Hall of the Carl R. Reng Student Union.
Winners of the Faculty Achievement Awards in teaching, scholarship, professional service and academic advising will be announced. Retiring faculty members will be recognized for their service to Arkansas State.
The Faculty Honors Convocation is hosted by the Office of Academic Affairs and Research to celebrate the achievements of A-State’s faculty.
Create @ State and Faculty Honors Convocation are open to the public.
The academic units have scheduled awards banquets and ceremonies as follows (in chronological order):
- Education and Behavioral Science, 6 p.m., Monday, April 4
- Engineering, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 4;
- Business, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 11;
- Humanities and Social Sciences, 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 12;
- Media and Communication (guest speaker, Dr. Keith Pinchback, media professional in residence), 6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 14;
- Fine Arts (guest speaker Andrew Skoog, Bachelor of Music Education alumnus), noon, Friday, April 15;
- Nursing and Health Professions, 6 p.m., Monday, April 18.
- Agriculture and Technology, 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 19;
- University College, 2 p.m., Thursday, April 21; and
- Sciences and Mathematics, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 21.
The Excellence in Diversity Awards reception will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 19.
Other scheduled recognition events, conducted by honor societies and other groups, are: Student Leader Recognition Ceremony, 4 p.m., April 5; Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 6:30 p.m., April 5; Beta Gamma Sigma induction, 5:30 p.m., April 11; Student Honors Recital, 7:30 p.m., April 11; Lambda Pi Eta induction, 5:30 p.m., April 14; Kappa Tau Alpha induction, 5:45 p.m., April 14; and Mossie Richmond-Afak Haydar Scholarship award dinner, 5:30 p.m., April 18.
# # #