Retiring Faculty Recognized at 40th Annual Convocation
Faculty members retiring this year include (from left) Mike Doyle, Bob Bennett, Rick Neeley, Paul Armah, Ray Winters, Deborah Persell, Dan Ross, Robin Dauer, Dale Miller, Freddie Jones, Paula Stewart, Vicki Stripling, Linda Creibaum and (front) LaQuita Saunders.
JONESBORO – Twenty-five faculty members who are retiring this academic year were recognized for their longtime service and contributions to Arkansas State University during the 40th annual Faculty Honors Convocation, according to Dr. Lynita Cooksey, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs.
Each retiree's dean presented a tribute to the individual, noting career highlights. Cooksey presented a certificate in recognition of each one's service and contributions to the university, and Faculty Association President Mike McDaniel presented a recognition plaque to each retiree. Each retiree with 10 or more years of service also receives emeritus status.
Dr. George Horneker has the longest term of service, with 52 years, followed by Dr. Dan Ross with 46 years.
Those recognized, academic title, and length of service at Arkansas State are:
- Dr. Paul Armah, professor of agricultural economics, 21 years
- Dr. John Beineke, distinguished professor of educational leadership, curriculum and history, 18 years
- Dr. Bobby D. Bennett, associate professor of environmental biology, 27 years
- Dr. Carole L. Cramer, professor of molecular biology, 14 years
- Dr. Robin Lee Dauer, professor of music, 31 years
- Michael B. Doyle, KASU station manager and instructor in creative media production, 34 years
- Diana L. Fuller, assistant professor of nursing, 11 years
- Sarah B. Gore, instructor in mathematics, 15 years
- Dr. George Horneker, assistant professor of English, 52 years
- Dr. Craig Jones, professor of psychology and counseling, 40 years
- Freddie (Jo) Jones, instructor in teacher education, 13 years
- Dr. Randall Kesselring, professor of economics, 34 years
- Dr. F. David Levenbach, assistant professor of political science, 36 years
- Dr. Robert Dale Miller, professor of music and director of choral activities, 21 years
- Dr. Richard Neeley, professor of communication disorders, 31 years
- Ida Marie Jose Patton, instructor in English, 21 years
- Dr. Deborah Persell, professor of disaster preparedness and emergency management, 17 years
- Dr. Daniel Ross, professor of music, 46 years
- Dr. LaQuita Saunders, assistant professor of history, 22 years
- Dr. Calvin Shumway, associate professor of agronomy, 27 years
- Dr. Malathi Srivatsan, professor of neurobiology, 15 years
- Dr. Paula J. Stewart, assistant professor of teacher education, 16 years
- Vicki E. Stripling, instructor of developmental reading, 13years
- Raymond Winters, associate professor of medical imaging and radiation sciences, 23 years
- Linda M. Creibaum, librarian, 16 years
The Faculty Honors Convocation, a highlight of the annual Convocation of Scholars observance, is hosted by the Office of Academic Affairs and Research to celebrate the achievements of Arkansas State’s faculty.
# # #