Outstanding Grads in College of Agriculture and Technology Recognized
JONESBORO – The most outstanding graduating seniors in the College of Agriculture and Technology at Arkansas State University were recognized at the college’s annual honors banquet during Convocation of Scholars, according to Dr. Timothy Burcham, dean.
The Chancellor’s Scholar award was presented to Brittany Hanks-Moery of Wynne, who is an agricultural business major. The Chancellor’s Scholar is the graduating senior who has the highest overall grade point average in each college.
Winners of the academic departmental awards and their respective bachelor’s degree programs were as follows. These awards are based on scholarship, leadership and service to the department:
- James Salter of Marion, agricultural business.
- Jonathan Goodson of Salem, agricultural studies.
- Chad Easton of Jonesboro, animal science,
- James Wade Halk of Cherry Valley, plant and soil science, and
- Myranda Thomen of Jacksonville, Bachelor of Applied Science.
In addition, Ben Gander of Beech Grove, an agricultural education major, received the O.P. Nail Outstanding Junior Award.
# # #