Nine Individuals to be honored at 2014 Legislative Day
JONESBORO – Arkansas State University will conduct its annual Legislative Day activities Saturday, Sept. 20, in Jonesboro.
During special activities, the university will recognize nine individuals for their outstanding public service and support of higher education, according to Dr. Tim Hudson, chancellor.
The honorees this year are:
- State Senator Ronald Caldwell of Wynne;
- State Senator Jonathan Dismang of Beebe;
- State Senator Keith Ingram of West Memphis;
- State Senator Eddie Joe Williams of Cabot;
- State Representative John Baine of El Dorado;
- State Representative Mary Broadaway of Paragould;
- State Representative Joe Jett of Success;
- State Representative Chris Richey of Helena; and
- State Representative Wes Wagner of Manila.
A-State will honor these individuals during halftime of the Red Wolves football game with Utah State. The game at Centennial Bank Stadium starts at 6 p.m.
The chancellor also will host a luncheon Saturday for the honored senators and representatives, other legislators, state officials, and the Board of Trustees.
# # #